Left ot Right - Michael Carrazza, Torquhil Ian Campbell (the Duke of Argyll) and Peter B. Orthwein at Greenwich Polo Club on April 18, 2013 in Greenwich, Connecticut for the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup.
Photos by Michael Shauck/Getty Images for Royal Salute
Greenwich, CT – Greenwich Polo Club hosted a media preview day on April 18th for the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup to be played on May 15th, 2013. The sneak peak preview featured Greenwich Polo Club and Royal Salute spokespeople, players and ponies, and a special unveiling of the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup 2013 Trophy. The finale to Prince Harry’s official tour of the U.S., the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup will take place at Greenwich Polo Club, by invitation only. The 2013 Range Rover was also displayed at the media preview day for the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup. As the Official Sentebale Team Sponsor, Land Rover will display several of its models at the Greenwich Polo Club on May 15, 2013.
His Grace Torquhil Ian Campbell, the 13th Duke of Argyll
Peter Orthwein, founding member of Greenwich Polo Club and player
Leighton Jordan, Managing Director of Greenwich Polo Club
Michael Carrazza, player
Sentebale was founded by Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso from the Lesotho Royal family in response to the plight of the neediest and most vulnerable of Lesotho's people.
- Sentebale was founded by Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso from the Lesotho Royal family in response to the plight of the neediest and most vulnerable of Lesotho's children, many who are victims of extreme poverty and Lesotho’s HIV/AIDs epidemic.
- In February, Prince Harry visited Lesotho to see the difference Sentebale’s programmes were making to the children. At the end of his visit, he attended the Sentebale Gala Dinner in Johannesburg which was to mark the launch of a major fundraising campaign to build the Mamohato Centre for children and young people infected with, or affected by HIV.
- On 15th April, Sentebale will announce Nacho Figueras as a Sentebale Ambassador. Nacho has played in several Sentebale charity matches with Prince Harry in the US and has already shown great dedication to this new role, contributing his time and energy to help make a real difference to the lives of Lesotho's most vulnerable children. He is an enthusiastic and devoted supporter who will be a huge asset to Sentebale.
- Lesotho’s main operations are based in Lesotho with the fundraising and management team based in London, headed up by Chief Executive, Cathy Ferrier. Both Princes remain active patrons of Sentebale.
- Photos by Michael Shauck/Getty Images for Royal Salute
SENTEBALE AND ROYAL SALUTE CELEBRATE THIRD YEAR OF POLO CUP PARTNERSHIP IN GREENWICH
The Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup is set to take place for the first time in Greenwich, Connecticut in the US on Wednesday 15 May.
After Brazil famously played host to the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup in 2012 and a successful 2011 in the UK, this year marks the third year Royal Salute proudly partners with the charity that was founded by Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso in memory of their mothers in 2006. Sentebale works with local grassroots organisations to help some of Lesotho's most vulnerable children get the support they need to lead healthy and productive lives.
The finale to Prince Harry's official tour of the US, the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup will take place at Greenwich Polo Club, by invitation only. The club holds a number of exclusive polo tournaments throughout the season, including the Royal Salute Jubilee Cup.
The Prince will lead the Sentebale Land Rover team, with Nacho Figueras captaining the St. Regis team which will also include owner of the Greenwich Polo Club, Peter Brant. Distinguished guests from all over the world will gather to watch exhibition polo at its finest, including His Grace Torquhil Ian Campbell, the 13th Duke of Argyll.